Tuesday, February 09, 2010

3 out of 5 Maudie's agree - Update

We hit three out of the five Maudie's last night: Original for a margarita, Too for a margarita and queso and Hacienda for a margarita and dinner.
And that's where it went downhill.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Maudie's. We can live on their Diablo Sol Food (see entry of same name, August '09) and Hubby orders the Rockin' Ruthann's every. single. time. we go.
But I ordered the Tilapia Tacos (trying to balance out the queso and two... ok, three margaritas) and I was so, so very disappointed. Hubby said he should have warned me as he had ordered them once, but to go. He thought his frustration was with the technical challenge of eating fish tacos with chipotle sauce while driving was to blame. It wasn't. The flour tortillas were gummy (I prefer corn anyway) and the chipotle sauce was incredibly overwhelming. Why add tomatoes, avocado and cheese when you can't taste it? And why put cheese on a fish taco anyway?! I ate all of my black beans, they were yummy, and scraped all the sauce I could off the second taco... it didn't really help. Then I had two bites of Hubby's R.R. to satisfy my craving for good Tex-Mex, because what I had only made me feel a little sick.
So this is just a public service announcement... please go to Maudie's, but if your loved one is about to order the Tilapia Tacos in an effort to regain the figure that once captivated you, tell her that you love her just the way she is and to order the Mexican Special like a real woman.
Thank you for your support.
Maudie's
5 locations around town - soon to be 6!

1 comment:

  1. Not gonna lie...not a big fan of the fish tacos or any gummy tacos, either. Stick to the really bad-for-you-clog-your-arteries plates and you are golden!

    ReplyDelete