Friday, June 18, 2010

When the moon hits your eye

Isn't there a "You might be a redneck..." joke about if you only order pizza from a place that you have the number memorized for because of a jingle? If there's not, there should be.
If you want REAL pizza, Home Slice is my FAVORITE. I love it, I love it, I love it!
I love their crust. I love their sauce. I love their toppings. I love their salad. I love their wine tumblers. I love their decor. I love that I went to college with one of the owners.
Only thing negative I can say is that I ordered cookies and milk one time for dessert and was very disappointed that the cookies were not warm, but that's it.
There is a debate in my house that Southside Flying Pizza should be crowned king. And I know I have a few new places to try too (I see you over there East Side Pies. You too Brooklyn Pie Co.!) But until then, I vote Home Slice. Pans down.
And if any of you try to talk me into the "new & improved" Domino's or that "better ingredients make better pizza", the moon won't be the only thing hitting you in the eye.
Home Slice Pizza
1415 South Congress
Austin, Texas
512.444.PIES

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE HOMESLICE! East Side has too many flies - I just can't enjoy my pizza there!

    ReplyDelete