Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Highball

There's a new place down south to wet your whistle. And eat. And sing karaoke. And bowl.
The Highball: I've been twice now - once for a drink and once to bowl...and drink. The Heirloom, The 10 Pin and The Glacier are just a few of the interesting choices. All very good, but I gotta tell ya, I'm cravin' another Heirloom. It's like gazpacho in a glass. Be sure and ask for Alyssa at the bar!
Bowling was fun, the lanes are super cool and the personal ball service is a nice touch. It was alittle warm last night though and they didn't turn on any music until after 6 (we'd been there since 4:30). It's old fashioned-pencil and paper scoring... "I was told there would be no math"! We didn't brave the karaoke rooms - although they are the private kind for those shy extroverts. If there is such a thing.
The onion rings with house-made ketchup were yummy and I thought the BLT Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches were good - very different - but The Hubby didn't think so. I'm looking forward to trying the entrees. And the rest of the cocktails!
Definitely worth a looky-loo! And I double-dog dare you not to make any Big Lebowski references. It took everything I had not to say, "This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules!" Aw, dang! I just said it!
The Highball
1142 South Lamar Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78704
512.383.8309

No comments:

Post a Comment