Friday, October 30, 2009

Under the Neon Cowboy

I had just about given up on turkey when this deliciousness showed up.
It's a Sourdough Stack at Nutty Brown Cafe - thinly sliced turkey breast, Swiss cheese and grilled onions on grilled sourdough bread. Add jalapeno creamed spinach and viola!, turkey sandwiches are back in my life.
The Hubby loves the burgers and the chicken fried steak is as big as your head. They have a huge menu - the kind that might make you doubt they can do any of it well, but so far so good!!
They have a full bar (ask for Dusty!), Sunday Brunch buffet, Kid's Night on Tuesdays, a parrot named Cheeto and live music out back several nights a week. It's kind of a one-stop-shop!
If you have ever driven by their spinning neon cowboy sign and thought, "I've always wanted to try that place", I suggest you do. In fact... I think I'm going there for dinner tonight!
Maybe I'll see you there.
Nutty Brown Cafe & Amphitheatre
12225 Hwy 290 West
Austin, Texas 78737
512.301.4648

1 comment: