Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Give me your tired, your hungry, your unwashed massess...

What does it say about me that I was more excited to go to the Austin City Limits Music Festival to eat the food than hear the music?!?!
The football field-sized line up of over 30 food, drink and dessert vendors was like manna from heaven to me. What to choose, what to choose?! I tried to pick a place where The Hubby and Dr. Rock would like to eat (Dr. Rock is a little picky...) so I went with Aquarelle where they had a Steak Frit Sandwich and I had a Spicy Shrimp Po'boy.
You heard me. A Steak Frit Sandwich and a Spicy Shrimp Po'boy. At a music festival. Only in Austin. Thank you Aquarelle!
The shrimp were hot and crispy, the roll was soft and chewy and the slaw was cool and creamy. Only slightly spicy, but still very, very good. I only ate half the bread (gotta watch the white flour!) and I could tell the carrots were bagged and pre-shredded (are you gonna shred carrots for 225, 000 people? I think not.), but I was licking my fingers and I did not share.
Speaking of sharing, I grabbed a piece of The Hubby's steak off his plate, to which he said "That's the piece I picked up off the ground; I hope it was from my sandwich". That will teach me to snatch without asking. Lesson learned.
But three days of unwashed masses can't be wrong. That food was good.
Aquarelle Restaurant Francais & Wine Bar
606 Rio Grande St.
Austin, Texas 78701
512.479.8117

1 comment:

  1. You've been on a roll lately girl! Making me miss that little hot spot only 50 miles up the road even more. *sniff*

    ACL rocked even in the rain, from what I hear. And that is from the old stodgies...

    ReplyDelete