Thursday, December 03, 2009

Pictures? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Pictures!

Here's my side of the conversation this afternoon at Z' Tejas:
"Water for right now."
"No, we're OK."
"I think we know. Mom, you go first!"
"I'll have the Chicken, Artichoke and Mushroom Stack. Oh and a glass of the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc."
"Cute cornbread thing."
"We ate here together before? Was I hungover?"
"That looks good!"
"Crap! I meant to order double vegetables instead of mashed potatoes!"
"Glad this is a soy-mustard sauce so I can pretend it's not fattening."
"Why is zucchini ALWAYS a seasonal vegetable?" (Although to be honest, I said this to myself, in my head.)
"Mmmm."
"What's the cobbler?"
"Yes, with two spoons and another glass of wine."
"Wow - it's bubbling!"
"Is that my water?!"
"Mmmm."
"No, my treat. You're a cheap date. My wine was $11 a glass!"
"Crap! I forgot to take a picture!" (Although to be honest again, I said this to myself too, in my head.)
I know you are shocked at what a scintillating conversationalist I am. What it boils down to is that I cleaned my plate and barely came up for air.
Z' Tejas 6th Street
1110 W. 6th St.
Austin, Texas 78703
512.478.5355

2 comments:

  1. Whew - glad to hear the zucchini comment was in your head - I KNEW I hadn't heard that. . . now "crap" I heard more than once. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still one of my more favorite stops in Austin when looking for a "nicer" meal than what I usually get with the boys...

    ReplyDelete