Wednesday, March 31, 2010

From Blue to Que

Hello. Remember me? Cheetah? I've been MIA for a spell. I've been eating, just haven't had time to tell y'all about it. But stand back, I'm about to make up for it...
Back in January, I had to travel down to Harlingen for a week for work. On my last day there one of my work colleagues, that has never been to the gulf coast, really wanted some seafood. So, one of the locals recommended The Blue Shell. When our party of six walked in, we were all hit by a smell. I can't really describe it except to say that that smell should not come out of any restaurant, let alone a seafood restaurant. The place was empty and no one ever came to seat us so, we got the hell out of there.
Next, our local suggested a steak place called Longhorn Cattle Company. Which is hilarious because it's really a Bar-B-Que place that serves steaks nightly (see pic). Whatever, because it was awesome. But how can you go wrong with a wagon wheel in the "lobby", a dessert case, pitchers o'drinks, an amuse bouche of charro beans served in a mug (the best I've every had, seriously), a juicy steak and loaded baked potato and evidence that everyone in the area loves this place?
Longhorn Cattle Company
3055 W. Expy 83
San Benito, TX 78586
956-399-4400

No comments:

Post a Comment