Saturday, March 13, 2010

Expect Mole. Pagas Less.

What do you do when you want Mexican but don't want to get too far off the highway? Stop by a place next to a Target.
Azul Tequila has been around about 9 years, has an extensive tequila/margarita list, make 99% of the food from scratch (all except the flour tortillas - I asked) and are the only ones that make Chili Relleno en Almendra - poblano pepper stuffed with sauteed picadillo blended with almonds, raisins, tomatoes and onions topped with almond cream sauce - right... at least according to my waiter.
So one Mexican Martini later, I had a pretty good time. I want to go back. Maybe it didn't blow my mind, but it didn't blow my budget and it satisfied my craving.
And I need some things at Target.
Azul Tequila
4211 S. Lamar Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78704
512.416.9667

2 comments:

  1. That little "swipe" mark in front of the food. . . I trust that was made by a piece of tortilla picking up a little delectable morsel on the plate and not just a food push-back mark to make a better picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look who's the photography editor! If you look closely, the swipe does not go all the way across the relleno which would indicate a push away from me. The partial swipe is therefore a forward swipe into my mouth. Thank you Mona Lisa Vito from My Cousin Vinny for help on the analysis.

    ReplyDelete