Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Coffee Talk: Starbucks

Iced Dark Cherry Mocha
The wrapper and some crumbs from my cranberry scone
Dot, please don't hate me.
Yes, I expect many comments from this post.
That being said, I love Starbucks. I said it. I LOVE STARBUCKS. Let me tell you why. First, it's good coffee, made well. It has great flavor because they roast their beans a little longer (I read that on their website). Seriously, it tastes good.
Secondly, they are fast. They are fast because they have enough darn people working in the shop. I can't tell you how irritating it is to walk in to a coffee shop at 7:00 am to find one person working the counter. Is it me? Am I a jerk? Isn't the peak coffee purchasing time before most people go to work between 7:00-9:00? Shouldn't you have more staff working during that time? Help me, help you.
Thirdly, they have a drive-through. Look, I'm not nice before caffeine - deal with it. The drive-through allows the least amount of interaction with humans before caffeine. Trust me, this is a good thing.
Lastly, Starbucks are everywhere. Dot's hubby can back me on this. When you NEED coffee, you don't have time to find the cute, tiny, one-person manned, not-so-sure-if-the-coffee-is-good, local coffee shop. I was very happy to find one both Texas City and Lufkin (sing hallelujah now) when traveling for work recently.
Don't get me wrong, I love the local coffee shop when I have time to wait 10 minutes for a regular cup of coffee, or just to hang on a weekend. Most days, I'm making my own coffee (set to brew before I get up) or driving through Starbucks for a Venti Caramel Macchiato or some other deliciousness.
Please don't hate me for loving corporate, delicious, fast, readily-available coffee.
Thanks!
Cheetah
Starbucks Coffee
Many locations across everywhere

3 comments:

  1. I think I just threw up in my mouth alittle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree w/ Cheetah on this. There's a time and a place for Starbuck's. And it is GOOD on those rare occasions. Sorry, D.

    ReplyDelete