Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am gonna be so sick...

"Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for I can't help it - there's nothin' I want more Ya know it's true Everything I do - I do it for... bacon."
First course:
Red Headed Stranger - housemade bacon-infused Dripping Springs vodka (used to be Tito's), housemade bloody mary mix, garnished with a chunk of cheddar cheese, a pepperoncini, an olive... oh yeah, and a slice of bacon. It was quite possibly the best Bloody Mary I have ever had in my whole life. And I make a good Bloody Mary.
Second course:
Carolina Pork It - 100% Vienna beef dog, stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon and deep fried, topped with grilled slaw and housemade green chile pimento cheese. I thought the slaw was cut a little too thick for hot dog application and I almost forgot it had pimento cheese on it at all, but overall an excellent hot dog by anyone's standards. It was really, really good. Don't be scared of the deep fried part... it's subtle (if anything about deep frying is subtle). I also had a side of Broccoli salad, ya know, to be healthy. It was good, but the leftovers were better. That's right, I didn't eat all of my broccoli! I had to save room for the... wait for it... bacon! Also tried the Potato Salad - it was like a baked potato all mashed up and it was awesome. And not so good left over as it turns out.
Third course:
Chocolate Covered Bacon - Hickory smoked bacon dipped in milk chocolate, sprinkled with turbinado sugar and sea salt. I love salty-sweet things! I thought it was really good, if not too heavy on the chocolate. That really shouldn't surprise you.
Fourth course (because I have no idea what's good for me):
After School Special - this is from memory because 1. the description is not on the website and B. I was on a bacon bender and can not be held responsible for my actions. Vanilla vodka, Bailey's and Godiva Chocolate liquour. It was also rimmed and sprinkled with, what I can only guess, was chile powder. I had no idea how much I inhaled as I take a sip of a drink! I choked... several times mind you... on this thing. It was yummy though once I figured out how not to look like an amatuer.
And I never did feel sick. I can handle my bacon. Just not my chocolate-chile cocktails.
Frank
4th & Colorado
Austin, Texas 78701
512.494.6916

3 comments: