Tuesday, September 08, 2009

If I Had the Strength of Ulysses

Come, worthy Greek ! Ulysses, come, Possess those shores with me ! The winds and seas are troublesome, And here we may be free ! Here we may sit and view their toil That travail in the deep, And joy the day in mirth the while, And spend the night in sleep.
-"Ulysses and the Siren", Samuel Daniel
Ah Fino, you evil temptress. Your Happy Hour does not start until 5 o'clock. Why must you tease me so?
Your flirtation begins with a gin and Pimm's No. 1 cocktail that is so unique, I don't care that it is full price. Then you slip me a juniper delight made with a pine liqueur that, for a gin drinker, is dazzling. So by your 5 o'clock bell, I'm smitten and bask in a gin-fueled glow of cherry, lemon and creme de violette. Sweet alcohol-induced victory.
And if that wasn't enough, small plates of blistered Padron peppers, sherry glazed pearl onions, grilled quail, roasted pepper empanadas and pulled pork sliders cement my crush on you.
You are a siren, luring me in, and while I wish your Happy Hour started earlier and had more tapas specials, you know I will be back.
I will be back.
Fino Restaurant Patio & Bar
2905 San Gabriel Street
Austin, Texas 78705
512.474.2905

No comments:

Post a Comment