Friday, September 25, 2009

She Ain't No Rita Moreno, But She'll Do

I had never been to 26 Doors.
I have lived here 17 years (?!) and I just went there to have lunch with Cheetah at Santa Rita Tex-Mex Cantina (that's fun to say!).
The whole little center is so freakin' cute! I must go back! They have a ham store!
But to the topic at hand... soup and salad. Tex-Mex soup and salad. Tortilla soup and salad with a cilantro vinaigrette that I think they forgot to put the cilantro in. It was fresh, pretty and OK. Maybe even good. Not great, but good. I'd definitely go back. It's worth another looksy. We decided it's the best place to have your picture taken as every wall is fun and colorful and we sat across from a long mirror where you could check yourself out. If you do that sort of thing...
(I don't want to start a cat fight, but I think Trudy's has the best Tortilla soup in town. Don't tell Rita. She's still a nice girl.)
Santa Rita Tex-Mex Cantina
1206 W. 38th St.
Austin, Texas 78705
512.419.RITA

1 comment:

  1. 26 Doors Shopping center also has "Teo's" for the best Gelati in town!

    ReplyDelete