Monday, September 28, 2009

Sinnamon Roll and Old School Customer Service

As I was driving to work this morning, I was craving a cinnamon roll. I knew exactly where I'd go to get satisfied... The Kolache Shoppe. When I was 15, I attended the Austin Driving School in North/Central Austin (Behind Dallas Nightclub). Every morning I would stop at the Kolache Shoppe, which was just a few doors down, for breakfast. Like the name says, they have every kind of Kolache, but they also have sausagey goodness (sausages wrapped in dough/bread/crust).
This morning I go in and get my sinnamon roll and a milk; the total was less than $3. As I stand there with debit card in hand, the kolache guy asks me if I have any cash. No, I say (who carries cash anymore?). He says they don't do card transactions under $5 and then he says, don't worry about it, come back again and buy more. I'm shocked. I try to tell him that I can buy something else, but again he says, you'll get us next time.
Customer service is alive! Please go visit it at the Kolache Shoppe!!
Kolache Shoppe
7113 Burnet Road, Suite 112
Austin, TX 78757
512-458-5542

No comments:

Post a Comment