Wednesday, September 23, 2009

East sigh.....

Welcome to three of my all-time favorite dishes, all from the same place, Eastside Cafe. First up is soup; chicken artichoke mushroom soup to be exact. It doesn't matter what flavor soup because they are all good - no lie. Back to the chicken art mush... fantastically creamy and brothy at the same time with big chunks of artichoke and chicken. Mmmmm.
Next up, the mixed field greens salad. It looks deceptively simple, but its full of flavor. I don't know if it's the lightly fried goat cheese or their homemade raspberry vinaigrette that make it so good, but you need to try it.
Lastly, buttermilk pie. You may be thinking "buttermilk? Seriously?" I say yes, heck yes, buttermilk. Again, you have to try it to believe in its goodness. I don't know quite how to describe it. Let's see... light, yet creamy. Crusty, but not heavy. Tangy and sweet, but not sugary. The strawberries on top... perfection.
P.S.
I had no idea there was a "p" in the word raspberry and I also didn't know that you spell vinaigrette this way.
Eastside Cafe
2113 Manor Road
Austin, TX 78722
512-476-5858

No comments:

Post a Comment