Monday, June 28, 2010

McCormick & Schmuck's

I've had two impressive meals at this very location before so
what.
the hell.
was that?
My plate is not empty because I loved my food. My plate is empty because that's what it tasted like.
Nothing.
The Roma Tomato Bruschetta came out looking like dry toast with pico de gallo poured over it sprinkled with Kraft Parmesan Cheese.
The Shiner Bock Fish Taco looked impressive then completely fell short. Without the Cilantro Ranch it was nothing. And there wasn't enough Cilantro Ranch.
The Spicy Tuna Roll was so gummy that it may as well have been gum. My husband can make better rice than that.
The Oysters on the Half Shell, while OK, were so shockingly different in appearance I was surprised they were served on the same plate; one looked like it had been minced.
The "Rhode Island" Calamari, quotation marks theirs, was decent. Not great, sauce a little bland (more Kraft Parmesan on top!), but decent.
The Sauteed Black Mussels were OK, but I noticed the bowl was not empty when it was cleared.
The Pork Pot Stickers were... well... not Pot Stickers. Pot Stickers have a browned side indicating that they have indeed stuck to a pot. These were fried. They were Asian Empanadas.
The Tempura Shrimp was the only thing that anyone said, "This is OK, try this."
Add a too sweet drink that I'm not even sure had vodka in it and I had one of the worst meals ever.
Ever.
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant
401 Congress Ave. (another at The Domain)
Austin, Texas 78701
512.236.9600

1 comment: