Saturday, August 08, 2009

Julie & Julia & Dot & Cheetah

I always think of things too late.
Remember when chokers came back in the 80's? I had told myself to start wearing them, but didn't and then they got popular and I couldn't.
iTunes? Totally thought of that in like 1995. Except you'd choose from a list of songs and they'd mail you a CD. Obviously they took that to the next level. And I think it works.
Straight -razor shaves in a cool manspa? Mine.
Any fun foodstuff sold out of an air-stream trailer? Thought of it.
Movie theater that serves beer? Yes!
Blogging? I swear to god that was me.
Blogging is exactly what I've always wanted to do. I get to do whatever I want and tell you about it and you love it and advertisers flock to me and I make money while sitting around in my pajamas. Only I'm a thousand years too late. Just like with everything else.
Well, screw it. I'm doing it anyway and you know what confirmed it (beside the fact that Cheetah started this blog, sent it to me and said go)? Seeing Julie & Julia today.
What a beautiful movie! I cried no less than 5 times. Great people - real people, a love story and gimlets and FOOD!!!! People clapped at the end! How often does that happen anymore?!
My mom gave me Julia's My Life in France for my birthday and a friend in book group gave me Julie & Julia after she finished it. I haven't started either yet (there I go, behind the 8 ball again...), but I will posthaste. And my sister sent me "Fly One Time" by Ben Harper (on iTunes!) to remind me that I can follow any dream I want. She's always doing that. She's so good to me. And my sweet husband is patiently counting our pennies while I figure my life out during my sabbatical from work (read: unemployment). He's a keeper.
The point is that this movie inspired me. It inspired me to do whatever I want, whenever I want to do it. I needed some kind of kick in the ass. Cheetah and I have wanted to start a business together for oh, like forever and it hasn't happened yet. But it will. This is a start. I just know I want to work with her because she supports me and believes in me and I'm the only one who can tell her what to do and she doesn't get pissed. I like that in a person.
So bear with me as I figure out what color my parachute is. Meanwhile I'm gonna write about food. 'Cuz a girl's gotta eat.
Oh and you heard it here first. Hand fans. The kind that unfold. Go get one. They're gonna be huge!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a talented twosome. . . very clever.
    Just added 10 minutes to my morning "check out the favorites" quiet time.

    ReplyDelete