Monday, August 17, 2009

You didn't say they were Oaxacan crickets!

I am almost without words.
But here a few:
hip, local, cool, tequila, fresh, spicy, layered, subtle, exotic, earthy, aromatic, bold, mixology, modern, simple, innovative, colorful, de-lovely and de-licious.
And these:
Niman ranch charcoal-grilled ribeye, local tomato, ensanada red wine butter, serrano cheese, roasted garlic.
You need to run, don't walk to La Condesa on 2nd and Guadalupe. It is by far one of the best restaurants I've been to in a long time. I had a drink with flamed orange zest. Who does that?! Super innovative and uber cool. Casual and fancy. Not without a few misses, but honestly they didn't even matter. I can't wait to go back!
I just thought of two more words:
huitlacoche and little bird bodies.
OK, that's more than 2, but it's much more fun to say little bird bodies than quail. The point is I had both, one for the first time and the other for like only the second. I nearly ordered rabbit! That's how amazing the menu is. It makes you want to eat things you wouldn't otherwise even think about. Like crickets.
La Condesa Comida y Tequila
400A West 2nd Street
Austin, Texas 78701
512.499.0300

No comments:

Post a Comment