Wednesday, August 19, 2009

SOMEpaio's?

So, I actually began this post almost a month ago, but didn't finish it because something was lacking and I couldn't put my finger on it. First of all, I entered the restaurant STARVING. My co-worker and I arrived at 11:00 am. They must open at that time because there was only one person seated and no host or server in sight. Finally, a server came up to us and asked us where we wanted to sit. I kinda hate this. I want to sit at a damn table with great service and great food. Which table is that? (too harsh?)

We get our menus and talk about what looks good. I ordered the Salada de Frango: Mixed greens salad topped with sliced grilled chicken and baked goat cheese. Served with cilantro vinaigrette. My co-worker order the same, but with beef. It took a long time for us to get our salads. I guess restaurants are slow when they first open for the day? When we finaly get our salads, I devoured mine. I barely remembered to take a picture. I kind of remember it tasting good, but I honestly don't know if it was good or if I was just really hungry. Nevertheless, we never saw our server until we were searching for him to ask for our check.

Overall, it was a pretty disappointing, forgettable lunch experience. I have had happy hour there before and that was good. I also had my birthday dinner there one year and, from what I remember, it was good then. They have also gotten really great reviews (see their website). Isn't it funny how bad/mediocre service can make the food seem the same way?

Sampaio's Brazilian Cuisine 4800 Burnet Road Austin, TX 78756 http://www.sampaiosrestaurant.com/ UPDATE: Sampaio's is closed. 5/27/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment