Thursday, August 06, 2009

NoRTHbound

*sigh*... and not in a good way.
Went to NoRTH (in The Domain) for lunch today with the hubby. (Had to go to the Apple store there as the one in Barton Creek is always annoyingly busy.) We love North - everything I've ever had there has been fantastic. So how do they mess up a salad?!
I had the Chopped Chicken Salad with Pine Nuts, Baby Romas and Gorgonzola Vinaigrette. Sounds good, right? Looked good too. But one bite and I immediately reached for the salt and pepper which is a BIG thing for me. Food should come out seasoned correctly and I trust the people behind the line to know what that means. The S & P helped, but the chicken still tasted boiled - like boring hospital boiled, not Italian Grandma boiled - although it was shredded which was a plus. The pine nuts were toasted and tasty and the tomatoes were very good... very tomato-y, but they were almost overpowering since there wasn't much flavor otherwise. Oh! and I swear the gorgonzola was A.W.O.L.! I didn't even remember it was supposed to be in there until I re-read the menu.
Now don't get me wrong. I still ate the whole thing. It was fresh, it was healthy and that yummy roasted red pepper butter stuff with the ciabatta was awesome.
I just won't get that salad again. But bring on half-price wine night on Mondays!!! Enough of that and I won't care if the gorgonzola was on unauthorized shore leave with a transgender hooker.
http://www.foxrestaurantconcepts.com/north.html

1 comment:

  1. This was by DotBot, not Cheetahfast. Can't seem to change it. Stupid blog.

    ReplyDelete